Dependents Residency New Work Permit (Wife/Husband/Children)

Through this service, employers can request for the issuance of residence permits for their employees’ dependents.

group_work   Available Channels

Contact Information


Mobile Applications

Service Location

   Service Terms

  • Target User Group:
  • Business , NGOs ,

   Required Documents

· Copy of dependent’s passport.

· The passport should have all the information and alterations or updates, as well as the page that states the father or spouse’s name (where applicable). The passport must be valid for at least 6 months, but it is highly recommended to have it valid for at least 2 years before applying.

1- Copy of dependents’ birth certificate (in Arabic or English):

· Certificate should be ratified by the embassy of the employee’s country in Bahrain and by the Ministry of foreign affairs of Bahrain (MOFA).

2- Copy of passport of the employee wife/Husband.

3- Copy of Dependents Identity Card, if available.

4- Copy of Marriage certificate in Arabic or English:

· The certificate should be ratified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the employee’s country and the Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain in the employee’s country (applicable to Arab nationalities; this includes non-Arab nationals if the husband’s/Wife’s name in the husband’s/Wife’s passport is not mentioned) Excluding Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi passport Husband/Wife name must be written in the passport.

5- For children accompanying their working mother/ Father: Copy of no objection letter from the dependent’s father/mother or copy of divorce certificate and a copy of statement proving the mother’s/ Father custody of the dependents or copy of death certificate if the father/Mother is dead:

· The letter or certificate should be ratified by the employee’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Kingdom’s Embassy in native country, where applicable.

6- For private sector: Copy of latest paid electricity bill:

· If a new CR is not yet billed, you need to upload a print- out from the electricity and water authority showing that the account had been opened or transferred to that specific CR

· If electricity is not your responsibility (for example: shops in Malls, or electricity paid by the landlord), you will need to upload a proof, like the lease contract

· The bill should not be older than 2 months.

· Supply address in the bill must match the CR’s address.

· It should not be a final notification to cut the electricity supply.

· Current account guarantee deposit bonds are not accepted.

   Important notes

  • Others:

· The applicant must be registered in the system as an authorized or responsible person with the authority on the respective CR or Unit.

· The foreign employee’s monthly net income (as per the SIO registration) must be BD 400 or more.

·In case the employee’s family dependents are already in the Kingdom on a visit or any other type of permit, the permit must be valid for a period of not less than 7 working days upon submission of the application.

· In case the employee's dependents are over the age of 18 years, the procedure of issuing the residence permit and renewing it is done directly through the Nationality Passports and Residency Affairs (NPRA), depending on the conditions and regulations of the department.

· Dependents holding a previous personal number should fill in the same number in the personal number field when applying for the residency permit.

· For those born in Bahrain or those issued with a new passport in Bahrain, they should first open a new file (or update the data) at the Nationality Passports and Residency Affairs (NPRA). (The personal number of the new born is found on the birth certificate).


  • Payment Methods:
  • Cash , Credit Card , Debit Card ,
  • Service Fees:

90 dinars fees of the service.

5 dinars administrative fees for any transaction submitted in the LMRA system.