Equivalence of Marriage Contract Issued From Abroad Request (Sunni Directorate)

This service is provided by the Ministry of Justice, Islamic Affairs and Awqaf to Individuals requesting to issue an equivalence of marriage certificate for the contracts issued outside the Kingdom of Bahrain for Bahrainis.

group_work   Available Channels

Contact Information


Mobile Applications

Service Location

   Service Terms

  • Target User Group:
  • Individuals ,

   Required Documents

  1. The original marriage contract and a copy of thereof
  2. The attestation of the contract should be by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Kingdom of Bahrain and the embassy of the state the contract is issued
  3. Copy of marriage permission to marry from abroad, issued by the Minor Sharia Court
  4. A copy of the Identity Card or the passport of the husband and wife


  • Payment Methods: