Conditions and Regulations Listen to this page using ReadSpeaker

facebook twitter linkedin mail share

Registration Preconditions


  • Must be either of the following:
  1. Bahraini Citizen.
  2. GCC Citizen.
  • Non-GCC holding a Bahraini Smart Card and must be the owner of a clearing company (agency).
  • Must have a valid eKey account.
  • Must be at least 18 years old.

Must be registered in Customs Affairs as either of the following:

  1. A Clearing Agency with a valid Commercial Registration.
  2. A company that is involved in importing and exporting activities and a valid Commercial Registration.
  3. A government entity that is involved in importing and exporting activities.

General Conditions

  • Applicant's position and employer details need to be updated within the Smart Card.
  • Applicant has to pay fees for issuing the Intern License and it will be valid for a specific time (defined by the Customs). During this period, the applicant needs to get his training done by the company or the office he is employed in.

Training Course and Exam

  • The exam will be automatically booked within the training course period.
  • The required fees need to be paid in order to book the training course and the exam.
  • It is allowed to change the exam/training course date only once and should be a week before from the current exam date. (No charges)
  • In case of failure, you have the option to either repeat the exam or the training course.
  • In case if the training license is expired and you were not able to repeat the exam, you will have the option to book an appointment when you apply for license renewal request for your expired license.

License Management

License Renewal

  • You can renew the training license before 7 Days from the expiry date.
  • You can renew the Clearing Agent license before 60 Days from the expiry date.
  • It is required to present your old license when you collect your renewed license.

License Transfer
To transfer the license from the current agency to a new agency, applicant should attach the following:

  1. Resignation Letter from the Old Company/Agency.
  2. Letter from the New Company/Agency.

License Damage or Replacement

  • For license damage request, applicant has to attach the letter from the Company or Agency.
  • For license replacement request, applicant has to attach:
  1. Letter from the Company or Agency.
  2. Police Report

Customs Regulations

Page Last Updated: 06 Dec, 2017